Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Week Ten EOC; My Plan

During this quarter my knowledge on not only account, but excel have increased significantly. Although this particular course was meant for a hospitality ran businesses, I can definitely see how this would be applicable to all means of business. The majority of what I have learned could be put towards the majority of accounting needs throughout the fashion industry. I knew absolutely nothing about accounting at the beginning of this course but can now say I feel a lot more confident if I were needed to speak on the subject matter. I have also learned all sorts of excel tricks, which could be beneficial towards absolutely any types of work and maybe even running my own small business. As of right now, my plan is to once again, graduate and become a buyer. Although there is a lot of careers in the fashion industry that I would be more than happy with, I truly think a buyer is the position that suits me the most. It would be excellent to be a part of some type of internship prior to be hired so that I can gauge what type of requirements they must meet daily. I have the personality of wanting to see how something goes or works before I encounter it myself, so I believe that the chance of an internship would be highly beneficial to not only myself but my future career. I can only hope that this accounting knowledge I have learned will do the same. I have seen how expensive it can be to run a business and I think that is the one thing I have taken the most from this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment